Whenever you’re in a relationship, regardless of whether it’s a husband-wife relationship, an employer-employee relationship, an employee-employee relationship, a parent-child relationship, a friend-friend relationship, etc. conflict will inevitably occur. It’s not a question of “If it will occur …” it’s only a question of, “When will it occur.” Why? Because, as you’ve heard me say many times before, […]
Tag Archives | Negotiation
Virtually every day of your life, you’re going to be engaged in an argument with someone. Note: I’m not talking about arguments in the sense of being angry and yelling at someone. I’m talking about arguments in the classic sense where you’re trying to influence someone to agree with you and you’re doing that by […]
Welcome to The Johnson Letters
Hi! My name is Bruce Johnson and The Johnson Letters are life lessons I'm passing along to my family members (both nuclear and extended) so that they might have the best possible chance of becoming and doing all that they were created to be and do. As an "eavesdropper" to our conversations, I hope you find these life lessons accelerate your success as well.
Latest Johnson Letter Lessons
- The Goal of Christian Parenting Is …
- Your Life Is Perfectly Designed to Produce the Result You’re Currently Getting
- You Are Who You Are And Where You Are Because That’s What You Really Want
- Your Two Best Teachers Will Always Be Reflection and Evaluation—So Practice Both Daily
- Life Is Lived Forward, Not Backward
- To Accomplish Anything Significant, You Have to Get Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Dream Big Because Your Ambition is the Glass Ceiling On Your Potential
- You Don’t Learn When You’re Talking, You Learn When You’re Listening
- Never Be Defensive. It’s Not to Your Benefit.
- When Conflict Arises, Always Focus on Interests, Not Positions