While most of us don’t like to admit this, we all prefer stasis (meaning, we prefer things to remain the same). It’s comfortable to remain as we are—especially when over 90% of what we do each day is done on auto-pilot. In other words, we all prefer to continue in our current habit patterns and […]
Archive | Business/Work RSS feed for this section
If you want to get ahead at work, regardless of whether this is your first job at a fast food joint or your tenth at a Fortune 100 company, there are few more important reputations you can acquire than this one, “She/He is the one who gets stuff done!” Despite what you may have heard, […]
Welcome to The Johnson Letters
Hi! My name is Bruce Johnson and The Johnson Letters are life lessons I'm passing along to my family members (both nuclear and extended) so that they might have the best possible chance of becoming and doing all that they were created to be and do. As an "eavesdropper" to our conversations, I hope you find these life lessons accelerate your success as well.
Latest Johnson Letter Lessons
- The Goal of Christian Parenting Is …
- Your Life Is Perfectly Designed to Produce the Result You’re Currently Getting
- You Are Who You Are And Where You Are Because That’s What You Really Want
- Your Two Best Teachers Will Always Be Reflection and Evaluation—So Practice Both Daily
- Life Is Lived Forward, Not Backward
- To Accomplish Anything Significant, You Have to Get Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Dream Big Because Your Ambition is the Glass Ceiling On Your Potential
- You Don’t Learn When You’re Talking, You Learn When You’re Listening
- Never Be Defensive. It’s Not to Your Benefit.
- When Conflict Arises, Always Focus on Interests, Not Positions